Filing for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
If you are experiencing a debt that you are unable to pay, you may want to explore Chapter 13 bankruptcy as an option for debt reduction or repayment. J D Haas & Associates, PLLC offers complete bankruptcy legal services for both individuals in Minneapolis, MN. We can review your case, answer your questions, and go over your options.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a bankruptcy lawyer in Minneapolis, MN, contact us today at 952-345-1025.
Why Should You Consider a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?
Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you the privilege of repaying debts you owe by reorganizing your payment plans. While your debt is not completely erased, we may be able to help you reduce certain debt amounts or renegotiate the terms of your debts to add more financial relief to your repayment plan.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy has advantages that are not available under Chapter 7, such as:
- Adjusting payments for outstanding taxes, and stopping the government from applying tax refunds to the amount you owe
- Lowering payments on car loans and stopping repossession process
- Decreasing mortgage payments and preventing foreclosure on your home
To discuss your concerns regarding foreclosure, debt liquidation, or debt repayment plans, contact our Minneapolis Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys. Call us at 952-345-1025 to arrange an initial consultation and find out what we can do for you.
How Does a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Protect You?
Filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy also provides the following short or long-term protection while you are trying to get back on your feet.
- Creditors must cease from pursuing you for collections
- Phone calls or any written form of harassing communication from creditors become unlawful
- Creditors are not permitted to file lawsuits
- Your wages cannot be garnished
At J D Haas & Associates, we want to ensure your rights are protected during the bankruptcy process. If any creditors do not follow the law once you have filed Chapter 13, J D Haas can handle all communications to demand all attempts of collecting the debt to stop immediately and represent you throughout the bankruptcy process.
Development of a Repayment Plan
When you file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, a trustee is assigned to handle your repayment plan. Most repayment plans are set up to repay all creditors (except for mortgage payments) within 36 to 60 months. You must demonstrate that you have the income to satisfy this agreement, and your payments are made directly to the trustee who then distributes your payments to your creditors.
Legal Assistance Our Law Firm Can Provide
Regardless of how much money you owe, you should not be harassed or abused by creditors. Our firm provides legal services in the following areas to help you with your bankruptcy:
- Engage with debt collectors to stop harassment or file a lawsuit with debt collectors or creditors if necessary.
- Assist you in halting or delaying a foreclosure or repossession by filing a bankruptcy
- Negotiate with your creditor to alter the terms of your loan to make your payments more affordable. This includes lowering the interest rate or extending the term of the loan.
- Determine whether wage garnishment exemptions provided under the law apply and if you should consider filing bankruptcy to discharge the debt associated with the wage garnishment.
Whatever action your creditor is taking against you, we can help you fight back. Let us handle your case, work with your creditors on your behalf, and help you protect your rights under Minnesota Law.
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer in Minneapolis
If you are ready to explore your legal options for reducing or repaying your debt, then contact J D Haas & Associates, PLLC. Our law firm works with both individuals and businesses to help them get back on their feet financial by looking effective ways to reduce or repay debt.
To find out more about what our law firm can do for you, call us today at 952-345-1025, or you can set up a free case evaluation with a Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer in Minneapolis, MN.
As a debt relief law firm we help people file bankruptcy under federal and state law. We also provide other debt relief services.