Injuries to Children

Child Injury Attorneys in Minneapolis

Was your child the victim of an accident caused by someone else? Do you need legal assistance from a law firm that will listen to you and answer your questions? JD Haas & Associates, PLLC provides legal services for victims of personal injury accidents. We may be able to help you pursue a claim against the liable party and recover your financial losses.

To set up a consultation with a child injury lawyer in Minneapolis, Minnesota, contact us at 952-345-1025.

Types of Child Injury Accidents We Handle

Our law firm handles different types of child personal injury cases including:

  • Auto accidents
  • Dog bites
  • Commercial vehicles
  • DWIs or DUIs
  • Pedestrian accidents
  • Childcare centers & educational facilities

Regardless of how your child was injured, we may be able to review your case, assign liability, and move forward with a legal claim or a lawsuit.

Establishing Liability in a Child Accident

Establishing liability for your child’s injury depends on the circumstances of the accident, as well as how the person’s negligence or careless action led to your injuries.

Was your child involved in an accident similar to the following:

  • Careless or Distracted Driver | A driver hit your car or caused you to run off the road. The driver was looking at their cell phone or was under the influence before getting in the vehicle. The guilty party was driving recklessly or failed to obey a traffic law.
  • Premises Liability | A property owner, daycare, or school failed to maintain a safe environment for your child. As a result, he or she sustained an injury while on the property.

If someone injured your child — whether it was accidental or intentional — you have the right to explore your legal options and consult an attorney.

How a JD Haas & Associates, PLLC Attorney May Assist You

If we take on your case, we can utilize a range of legal strategies that may establish liability and case value. Some ways our law firm may be able to help you with your case include:

Rather than fighting for your child’s legal rights on your own, a JD Haas & Associates, PLLC personal injury attorney can act on your behalf. We can represent you as we engage with the liable party, their attorneys, an insurance company, or all other entities involved in the case.
Filing a claim or suit involves a lot of paperwork, red tape, and constant contact with all relevant parties. An attorney can manage all the details of your case for you. We can gather evidence, organize your paperwork, and submit the necessary documents to the appropriate parties. 
As your attorney, our role in helping you with your case is to fight for a fair settlement. We may contact the insurance company to help you receive the settlement you deserve for your child’s medical expenses or non-economic damages. If you believe the settlement offer is unjust, we can take the case to trial. 
We may be able to pull evidence from various resources to help you build your case. Some evidence that interested parties may request include:
  • Medical documents, bills, or receipts
  • Experts who may testify about your child’s injuries or the accident
  • An eyewitness at the scene
  • Any photos or videos of the accident
  • The evidence we obtain at the scene
  • Police reports

Damages You May be Able to Claim

Although it is difficult to put an exact figure on your case value, you may be able to claim specific losses or damages relevant to your case. Some items you may be able to claim include:

Medical Expenses

Keep careful records of all medical-related expenses. You may be able to claim any of your bills or out-of-pocket expenses for your child’s treatment such as:

  • Medical procedures and surgeries
  • ER visits and hospitalization
  • Physical therapy and rehabilitation
  • Medical prescriptions
  • Routine doctor visits
  • Medical devices such as crutches or a wheelchair

Non-Economic Damages

Your child may have suffered extensively from his or her injuries. Other non-economic damages include loss of consortium, poor living conditions, or emotional turmoil and depression.

Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Hiring a personal injury lawyer to assist you with your case may help you get the fair compensation you deserve. JD Haas & Associates is here to help you with your case. To find out more about our legal services, call us at 952-345-1025 or request a free case evaluation.

We at J D Haas and Associates understand that people are going through difficult times. We have decided to reduce our fees in order to help people. Let us know if we can help you.

© 2018 JD HAAS & ASSOCIATES, PLLC. All rights reserved. -