Wrongful Death Lawyer in St. Paul, MN
Regardless of whether your family chooses to press charges or not, dealing with a wrongful death case is difficult. A death case touches people in different ways, and the grieving process looks different for everyone. At JD Haas, we understand this, and we know working through a death case can feel like the ground is shifting beneath your feet. Still, we must advise you to seek legal help for your wrongful death case as soon as possible. Achieving some semblance of justice for your loved one can bring a sense of closure to some families, and the extra funds garnered with the help of a Saint Paul wrongful death lawyer can cover everything from funeral costs to medical bills.
If you seek help from a St. Paul wrongful death attorney, you deserve compassionate services. When dealing with such sensitive cases, sympathy, attentiveness, and understanding are paramount. At JD Haas, our wrongful death lawyers handle every case with the utmost gentleness and professionalism, and we view learning your story as an integral part of the job. Our team is well-educated and experienced.
- JD Haas specializes in wrongful death lawsuits and is driven by a deep passion for helping those in need. His countless awards attest to his great wit and compassionate nature, as well as his dedication to the field of law.
- Valerie Geisdorf, as our paralegal, works hard to be of assistance to our legal team. She has a talent for making clients feel welcomed and safe in our office.
- Joshua Erspramer works as an associate attorney here at JD Haas. Much like JD Haas himself, he too is well-educated and compassionate.
We offer free case reviews to absolutely anyone, even if you aren’t our client. JD Haas is here to help you through your wrongful death case in any way that we can.
Below, you’ll find the answers to a few frequently asked questions about wrongful death lawsuits and Saint Paul wrongful death lawyers. It never hurts to educate yourself.
We can only answer this question for your individual case if you contact us. However, all wrongful death cases have a few aspects in common:
- The actions of another entity (a person or company) must have directly resulted in your loved one’s death;
- Those actions must have been negligent or reckless;
- You have suffered, either economically or emotionally, as a result.
All cases proceed differently, but generally, you will work with your lawyer to gather the appropriate documents and determine if you can receive financial compensation for your wrongful death case. State-specific laws can influence how much you could recieve.
This, again, will depend on your individual case. Payment can happen in a lump sum or in many smaller ones. Insurance of the paying party may also play a role in where this money comes from.
If you’re seeking a compassionate and driven team of Saint Paul death lawyers, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for at JD Haas. Give us a call now at 952-345-1025.